Remote Sensing Application Centre
GIS Image Processing
The Remote Sensing Application Centre has established a Division for GIS and Image Processing. This division has taken four major areas for work viz : products, support, data creation and processing and data sharing.
Major activities of the division are :
- GIS Data Management and Maintenance.
- GIS Application Development and Analysis
- GIS Training and assistance
- Cartography and presentation
- To Develop and implement an accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date Geographic Information System.
- To Provide quick and easy access to GIS information with reasonable security.
- To Promote use of GIS to expedite work process.
- Remote Sensing GIS Based Mapping of Drinking Water Sources Sustainability and Water Quality Analysis.
The main objective of the project is to generate thematic layers and water resource action plan suggesting the most suitable recharge location & identifying probable area for drilling of tube wells.
Delineation of Irrigated land in the command area of Rani Awanti Bai Lodhi Sagar Project.
Remote Sensing Based Mapping of Drinking Water Source Sustainability for Guna District.
- Collection of Watershed Boundaries from different sources
- Procurement of Satellite Data
- Processing & Analysis of existing water sources like hand pump, over head tank etc.
- Creation of Digital Database of Watershed Boundaries
- Validation of the Existing Village Boundary Layer
- Georectification of Satellite Data
- Mosaicing of Images and Overlaying of Watershed & Village Boundaries
- Ground Truth Data Collection
- Updation of Hydrogeomorphology, Structure (lineament), Soil & Slope map
- Watershed-wise water resource action plan generation suggesting the most suitable recharge location & identifying probable area for drilling of tube wells for drinking water
- Collection of GPS data related to existing water sources like hand pump, over head tank etc. for all villages
- Collection of water samples and carrying out Physico-chemical and Microbiological analysis
- Superimposing GPS data of existing water sources like hand pump, over head tank etc.
- Report Writing
- Space Based Information Support for Decentralized Planning (SIS-DP)
The (SIS-DP) project aims at generating thematic geo-spatial layers on 1:10K scale on natural resources / infrastructure (land cover, settlement etc.), creating inventory of resources (water sources, road network, drainage, rail network etc.), from high resolution orthorectified satellite Cartosat-1 PAN, LISS-IV MX & merged images. Respective stakeholder department’s data will be integrated with the spatial layer in GIS environment.
To achieve the goal of district level planning using GIS layers, the following objectives are defined:
- Spatial depiction of land & water resource along with their attribute information for preparation of District Resource Geospatial Atlas keeping Village Cadastral data as base in a virtual on seamless manner for entire country; (States which are already covered may be brought to uniform standard with respect to content and accuracies);
- Development of software tools and utilities (including web based GIS applications and standalone) for providing multipurpose user driven applications for speedy, accurate and transparent decision making for district planning; and
- Capacity building in state departments along with training of manpower and capability for spatial data analysis, which will maintain update & manage database for decentralized planning.
Remote Sensing GIS based Planning for Watershed Development Activities in Madhya Pradesh.
- Cartosat-1 PAN Ortho Product of entire State (Path wise - Individual),
- Cartosat-1 PAN Ortho Product of entire State (Path wise - Mosaic pass wise),
- LISS-IV Mx Ortho Product of entire State (Path wise - Individual),
- NCC Product of entire State (Path wise - Individual),
- NCC Product of entire State (Path wise - Mosaic pass wise),
- Merge Product (C1 + RS2 L4MX) of 2.5 m of entire State in 16bit,
- Merge Product (C1 + RS2 L4MX) of 2.5 m of entire State in 08bit,
- DEM of entire State,
- Degree Wise, DEM Mosaic of entire State.
The main objective of this project is to generate thematic layers and action plan for proper planning, management and monitoring the impact of watershed development activities to be carried out under IWMP projects for RGMWM.
Space Based Information Support for Decentralized Planning : Projects Taken-up / Ongoing During 12th FYP (Central Govt )
Utilization of SAR Data for Mineral Exploration with Special Reference to Bauxite Ore Deposits (RISAT-UP)
- Satellite data input of 2.5m spatial resolution or better if available under the SIS-DP project of MPCST would be used.
- Generation of CartoDEM using SIS-DP inputs.
- Overlaying watershed boundaries(to be provided by RGMWM) on the geo-rectified and mosaiced images and watershed wise extraction of images using mask creation.
- Modification & geo-rectification of cadastral boundaries, to be provided by RGM, using SOI sheets.
- GPS based ground truth data collection.
- Creation of village boundary and cadastral details database.
- Modification of cadastral details using satellite images.
- Updation & creation of drainage layer using the satellite image.
- Generation of action plan for watershed development activities depicting the location of all possible structures.